ARE YOU CONCERNED
ABOUT KING SALMON
FISHING THIS SUMMER?
2018 STATUS, RESEARCH AND MANAGEMENT RESTRICTIONS FOR
NORTHERN SOUTHEAST ALASKA CHINOOK SALMON
Harrigan Centennial Hall in Sitka
Monday, May 21, 2018
5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Attend this free symposium and learn about the northern SE king salmon crisis. Scheduled are professional presentations and an opportunity for public questions about current Chinook Salmon management and research in the region. A summary of regulatory impacts and justifications will be provided.
This symposium features:
- Chinook salmon research: What we know about performance of local stocks, as well as Pacific Northwest Chinook salmon stocks coast-wide.
- A look at the last 10 years of Chinook salmon management for commercial and sport fisheries, including annual allocations, actual harvest, and performance relative to the Pacific Salmon Treaty.
- Conservative actions: Management measures in response to poor Chinook salmon production.
- Treaty transparency: A summary of the treaty past, present, and future.
- Public process and participation: An overview of the public regulatory process and how to get involved.
- Public question and answer session.
All event materials, presentations, and live-stream audio will be provided on the department’s website at: http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=chinooksymposium.may2018sitka.
Hosted by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game