TSI sponsors or supports many activities throughout the year.
• TSI/Alaska Outdoor Council Annual Banquet – Saturday, March 10, 2018 at Centennial Hall. Doors open @ 5:30 pm. Tickets available through Barbara Burnett @ 907-321-0788. This is our premier event and fundraiser. In 2014 we had the honor of hosting Governor Sean Parnell at the event where we recognized members of the Floyd Dryden Middle School Shooting Sports team.
• FREE 2018 Salmon Symposium – Monday, April 16, 2018 at Centennial Hall. 6:00 – 9:00 pm. 2018 STATUS, RESEARCH AND MANAGEMENT RESTRICTIONS FOR NORTHERN SOUTHEAST ALASKA CHINOOK SALMON. Attend this free symposium and learn about the northern SE king salmon crisis. Scheduled are professional presentations and an opportunity for public questions about current Chinook Salmon management and research in the region. A summary of regulatory impacts and justifications will be provided. Hosted by the Territorial Sportsmen with cooperation from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game. This symposium features:
– Current Northern SE Rivers king salmon stock assessments with emphasis on Chilkat and Taku Rivers stocks
– Up-to-date regulatory impacts on Northern SE king salmon commercial, sport, personal use and subsistence user groups
– Panel interactions during public question and answer periods
• Membership Banquet – This event is an opportunity to meet as a fun and informal dinner with members, board, and special guest presentations. It’s a great opportunity to learn about what’s coming up for the spring and summer season.
• Various organized shooting sports events.
• Golden North Salmon Derby – Entering into its 72nd year, the Salmon Derby is our largest event, with all proceeds turned into scholarships for local students. To date, TSI has awarded $1.7 million in its scholarship program, some now into the second and third generation of Southeast families. Learn more here about the GNSD